Thursday, October 7, 2010

Modern Religious Experience: Reflection #4: Buddhist Meditation

Modern Religious Experience: Reflection #4: Buddhist Meditation: "Spend 20 mintues in a silent meditation; a place you won't be disturbed, your own 'fig tree' as was Buddha's inspiration. In those 20 mintue..."

The silent meditation was both a refreshing and enjoyable experience. I didn't notice it during the meditation but after the meditation, I realized that I really didn't think much about anything in particular. In essence, it felt as if my mind had fallen asleep. The things I did somewhat notice and feel were the smell of trees and leaves and felt the wind rushing at my back. So in effect, I did empty my mind but of course as it was my first long meditative state, I was not able to seek life's truths. As mentioned before, my mind just drifted off and entered into an uncontrollable state. Because it kept drifitng in and out, I ultimately was unable to control my mind due to its slipping away all the time. Lastly, I did have an inspiration of a sort. I was overly compelled to stop procrastinating and get everything done with. This inspiration was quite nice to have and it came over me before I had even contemplated about that thought

No comments:

Post a Comment